In Apax Learning SmartTutor 360, the Dynamic Zoom feature is a transformative tool that elevates the storytelling capabilities within e-learning courses. This dynamic functionality enables course creators to craft more engaging and visually captivating narratives by allowing learners to zoom in on specific details or pan across broader scenes.
For example, you might have an image of a machine control panel, and you want to emphasize a critical switch on the panel as the narrator describes it. Or, maybe you have a video of a software demo, and you want to zero in on a section of the screen at a specific point in the video.
Adding Dynamic Zoom
You can add as many dynamic zoom to a slide as you want. You can even use consecutive zoom regions to create a panning effect.
- Go to the Insert tab on the ribbon and click Dynamic Zoom.
- SmartTutor 360 adds a rectangle to your slide to represent the dynamic zoom. (It’ll have the same aspect ratio as your slide to prevent content from skewing or stretching.) Everything outside the zoom dims temporarily to indicate you’re in zoom edit mode.
- Scale and position your zoom region:
- Drag the corner handles of the zoom to adjust its size.
- Drag the zoom region anywhere on your slide.
- Click anywhere outside the zoom to exit zoom edit mode.
- Use the timeline to adjust the timing and duration of a dynamic zoom. It’ll always appear as the topmost item on the timeline.
- To change the timing, just drag it left or right along the timeline.
- To change its duration, drag its left or right boundary (to shorten or lengthen it)
Deleting Dynamic Zoom
To delete a dynamic zoom, just select it and press the delete key on your keyboard.