Import PowerPoint presentations into SmartTutor 360 to leverage existing content. It’s a great way to speed up course development, especially if subject matter experts are drafting content for you in a program familiar to them.
Tips: Most PowerPoint features are supported in SmartTutor, but some aren’t. See this article for details.
Importing PowerPoint Slides
- First, do any of the following:
- Click Import on the SmartTutor start screen and select Import PowerPoint.
- Go to the File tab on the ribbon, scroll to Import PowerPoint.
- Go to the Home/Insert tab on the ribbon, click New Slide, scroll to Other, and choose From PowerPoint.
- Browse to the PowerPoint file you want to import and click Open.
After importing the file, SmartTutor will launch a new project which includes all slides of the PowerPoint presentation. Each PowerPoint slide becomes an SmartTutor 360 project. It means you can work with the imported slides as usual. In particular, it’s able to use tools and commands to edit them and their content, for example:
- Copying, cutting, or deleting slides,
- Splitting and merging slides,
- Changing slide transition effects, and more.
Tips: SmartTutor 9 cannot handle the *.odp files created by OpenOffice and LibreOffice. You need to convert these files to pptx files first, then import them into SmartTutor 360.
So now, you have learned how to import PowerPoint presentations into SmartTutor 360 to create a new project.