Use the built-in video editor to polish your video content. Trim and crop to show only the portions you want. Adjust the volume, brightness, and contrast to improve quality. Add a logo or watermark for branding.
Enable an editing video range
To enable the basic editing tools for audio/video, make sure that you created a range in SmartTutor 360. In case you haven’t selected a range, these buttons are disabled and you cannot click them.
- Select the video to edit.
- In Timeline pane, click any position in video range, draggable markers will appear on the timeline
- Drag these markers to the place where you want the video to start and end.
- The selected range is highlighted in light yellow color to help easily recognize it. To clear the selection, double-click anywhere on the time axis.
In general, even when you work carefully, mistakes happen now and then when you record the screen. A big mistake may require you to start over and re-record everything. Meanwhile, a tiny mistake only needs an “undo” then you can continue recording as if it never ever happened. In that case, just cut the mistake out from the video/audio and you’re done. So, the Cut Range is one of the basic but powerful tools for editing audio/video.
Perform some very simple steps below to cut and remove unwanted fragments from the video/audio:
- Select a video/audio that contains unwanted fragments. After that, define a range.
- Click Cut Range. Alternatively, press CTRL+SHIFT+X to remove the range.
- Paste the cut content into the same or another slide. To do that, move the Playhead to the desired position and press CTRL+V.
After learning about cutting a range in a video/audio. Let’s get to know how to use the Copy Range button to copy parts of objects that fall inside the range. Then, you can put them on the clipboard. So, follow the steps below:
- Select a video/audio. Then, make a range.
- Click Copy Range or press CTRL+SHIFT+C to copy the range.
- Paste the copied content into the same or another slide. To get it done, place the Playhead at the desired position and press CTRL+V.
Let’s say removing mistakes is a basic task when you edit videos. So, use the Delete Range button to remove any unwanted audio/video parts. This is another one of the basic editing tools for audio/video that ActivePresenter offers you. Just do as follows:
- Select a video/audio. After that, define a range.
- Click Delete Range or press CTRL+DELETE to get it done.
Note: The Delete Range button works just like the Cut Range button, except for one difference. While the former is used to delete the content inside the range, the latter “cuts” the content from the range and places it on the clipboard, then you can paste it where you want. In short, Delete Range stands for removing while Cut Range stands for reallocating.
Often you record extra footage at the beginning and end of a recording. When editing video/audio, you want to trim out these fragments, that is to take off either end of the video/audio.
Now, let’s use the Crop to Range button to remove everything outside the range. Here’s how:
- Select a video/audio that you want to trim out extra content. Then, define a range. Bear in mind to keep the main content in the range.
- Click Crop to Range or press SHIFT+DELETE. That way, only the part falling inside the range is retained.
As mentioned above, these basic tools also work when you select no objects at all. In that case, they affect all the objects falling into the range. For example, if you click Crop to Range while selecting no objects, you retain only the slide content inside the range and delete all the rest.